According to an AT&T survey, 70% of people use their smartphone while operating a motor vehicle.
- 40% of drivers are taking selfies and shooting videos.
- 40% of drivers visiting social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter. Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
- 30% of drivers surf the Internet.
- 10% of drivers video chat on Skype and FaceTime.
Additional unsettling facts include:
- 62% of drivers keep their smartphones within easy reach.
- 30% of drivers post to Twitter while driving .
- 22% of drivers say they are addicted to using smartphones while driving.
- 27% of drivers think they can safely shoot videos while driving.