Cycling has become an increasingly popular way of commuting in British Columbia. Unfortunately, not all roads and drivers have adapted to this change.
Where roads are not designed with lanes specifically for cyclists there is little room for cars and bikes to share the roadways. Drivers often fail to recognize the need to share the road causing an accident where the cyclist is the one who ends up suffering.
Drivers can cause a bicycle accident by:
- Failing to share the road
- Failing to see and observe cyclists on the road
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to stop and observe before turning right at an intersection
- Driving without proper care and attention
- Failing to observe posted speed limits
- Disregarding weather or traffic conditions
- Failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign
- Disobeying traffic signals
We Can Help
If you are a cyclist who has been injured by the fault of another user of the road, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Contact a lawyer at Slater Vecchio to tell your side of the story and learn about the options available to you.