Slater Vecchio LLP is one of the largest and best known personal injury law firms in British Columbia. We pride ourselves on providing our clients with unparalleled service and superior results.
At Slater Vecchio our associate lawyers are a key part of our client-focused approach to personal injury law. Our associate lawyers have extensive communication with clients, insurance representatives, opposing counsel, experts and staff. They communicate effectively across all spectrums with the goal of providing the best possible service and results for our clients.
Our firm values a client-first-service model and successful candidates for our associate lawyer position will have exceptional legal skills combined with outstanding customer service skills. In addition to unimpeachable ethics, strong analytic skills and unwavering legal advocacy, the position demands outstanding communication abilities and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Successful candidates will have demonstrated the capacity to multi-task, prioritize and manage their time efficiently, as well as strong advocacy, research and analytical skills. The associate lawyer is dedicated to the pursuit of justice and demonstrates true compassion for our clients.
A minimum 1 year of experience working in the personal injury field is a prerequisite.
So, are you up for the task? The challenges are big, but so are the rewards.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate claims;
- Gather evidence and formulate legal theories;
- Legal Research;
- Draft pleadings, motions and discovery;
- Interview and depose witnesses; and
- Prepare for trial and advocate at trial.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent drafting and writing skills with close attention to detail;
- Ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and concisely, in lay terms;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Enthusiasm, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services;
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and issue resolution skills;
- Outstanding time management, planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to work as an open and inclusive team player;
- Relates easily to a broad range of people;
- Willing to look at issues from other points of view; and
- Tactful, sensitive and aware of organizational dynamics and competing interests.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a resume and covering letter to:
Donna Embree, B.A., B.Ed., CPHR
Director of Administration
*Only short listed candidates will be contacted, no phone calls please.*