As a pedestrian you are protected by the rules of the road as drivers must yield the right of way to pedestrians. A simple thing like crossing the street can be tragic if the rules of the road are not followed. Pedestrians are often struck because drivers fail to see them and as a result children and senior citizens are at the greatest risk of injury.
Drivers who cause pedestrian accidents often:
- Drive without proper care and attention
- Fail to observe posted speed limits
- Disregard weather or traffic conditions
- Disobey traffic signs or signals
- Fail to yield the right of way to pedestrians at marked crosswalks
- Fail to come to a complete stop at a stop sign
- Fail to stop and properly observe before turning right at an intersection
- Drive while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
We Can Help
If you are a pedestrian who has been injured by a user of the road, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
Contact a lawyer at Slater Vecchio to tell your side of the story and learn about the options available to you.
Slater Vecchio Pedestrian Cases
|Kerr v. Paterson, BCSC 2007, M033506||$2.4 million|
|Heringa v. Mah, 2000 BCCA 490||$4.5 million|